Thursday, 6 March 2014

Twitter Free And Feeling Fine



In a move that was probably long overdue, I finally exorcised that abysmal time waster known as Twitter from my life. Thanks, Twitter, for your latest horrific revision to your website. Your desperate attempt to make yourself look more like Google+ provided me with the final push I've been needing, for the past several months.

After a year of effort tweeting and retweeting, with over 5,000 followers and 13,000 tweets, I can say with absolute certainty that Twitter provided no benefit whatsoever to the so-called "platform" that all writers are supposed to be cultivating. As far as providing meaningful connections with like-minded interested readers and writers, it served less purpose than Facebook and Goodreads groups. For that reason, my belated New Years resolution will be to spend my time engaging real people there, rather than "hooting" 140 characters at the world, on the off chance that someone might notice.

It's a real pleasure to finally be free of that squawking blue vulture! I'm looking forward to being able to talk to people again, without our voices being lost in a river of noise.


No comments:

Post a Comment