Wednesday, 10 July 2013

4 star review


Amazon and Goodreads has a great new four-star review for Reading The Dead - The Sarah Milton Chronicles. I couldn't be happier!


Awesome Paranormal Thriller,
July 9, 2013
I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review LoP. The main character, Sarah, has an imaginary friend, Anna Nigma. From the time she is a child Anna is Sarah's constant companion; then suddenly after a life altering event, no more Anna. Sarah comes to terms with the abandonment of her friend for the most part. Sarah is a book addict, like me, so I can relate. She's also a Criminal Profiler who specializes in putting away the really bad guys and she's very good at her job. She's still her normal, dorky self and has more time for books than people. Although she is trying to change that.
Reading The Dead is a great traditional paranormal read. When I say traditional, I mean the "I see dead people" kind of way. This is an absolutely creative plot, with many twists and turns along the way. Turns out that Anna has been there for Sarah the whole time. And Anna isn't an imaginary friend - she's a ghost with really cool powers. Okay, only one, but it is cool; and it helps Sarah when she needs it most. The other characters in the story are pretty solid, the plot solid and very creative. I love the way the book ended - "Not the end." So I'm looking forward to the next installment and finding out more about Sarah and her other friends/co-workers.


This is from Kirsten Lamberton on the Open Read 2 Review forum in Goodreads' "Lovers of Paranormal" group. There's still spots available, if you would like to get your hands on a FREE copy of the book, in exchange for a few honest words. Please consider it - I need reviewers and you need a good read. It's a win-win!



No comments:

Post a Comment