Friday, 10 May 2013

So who is this J.B. Cameron guy anyway?

Who is J.B. Cameron and why does he seem to feel a need to waste your time with another silly blog? That's a fair question, and one that I've been struggling with myself. At the end of the day, I'm just another face in the crowd (not the crowd in the picture, mind you, because that's a lot of people and I'm agoraphobic). 

The only thing to set me apart from most is a compulsive, almost irrational need to create new things. Whether that means web pages, computer games or graphics, cartoons, or - most recently - novels, I love to create. Live for it, really. 

I was born in New Brunswick, Canada and with the rare trip to Toronto or Boston, haven't strayed far from these shores for my entire life. For those of you unfamiliar with this region, here's a map:


(It might not be geographically accurate...)

Growing up in the Atlantic provinces meant finding a steady supply of entertainment (or alcohol) to keep oneself occupied. For me, this meant TV, books, games, and movies. More than anything else, American TV shaped me into the nutjob that I am today. It's no wonder that the first book that I chose to publish was a paranormal detective story featuring an officer of the LAPD. I was practically raised in Hollywood.

Don't get me wrong - I like the peace and quiet. If someone dropped me in the middle of a 1300 square kilometer area holding 3.82 million people, I'd probably squawk, drop, and curl up in a ball in the middle of Hollywood Boulevard. New Brunswick is a great place to come to find the solace necessary to feed your muse. 

Which is fortunate, because in my case, she's a 400-pound banshee in a moo-moo, screaming in my brain all hours of the day and night.

This blog is not so much about me as it is the results of my efforts to satisfy that braying harpy who keeps insisting that I create... create... create. I'll be including all kinds of things here as time goes by - stories, artwork, book snippets. I hope you decide to stick around to enjoy the fun. Check out my books while you're here, and visit the works of other talented authors that I'll be including here as time passes.

You see... I'm not the only one with a 400-pound monkey on my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment